Register For GTINs For Products
Register with GS1 India to get GS1 barcode numbers (GTINs/EAN) for your products, on a renewal-based subscription. Barcode subscription fee is based on company turnover, number of barcodes, and subscription period.
While selecting the number of barcodes for registration, carefully consider your current as well as future requirements for barcodes.
Your barcode subscription includes access to our DataKart service (base version only) that allows you to allocate barcode number and manage all of your product data.
- Applicant Company’s PAN card or proprietor’s PAN card for a proprietorship firm
- Copy of balance sheet to substantiate your annual sales turnover
- Letter on company letterhead requesting barcode allotment
- Proof of status of the applicant company
- For Proprietorship Firms: GST/VAT registration certificate
- For Partnership Firms: GST/VAT registration certificate or partnership deed
- For Private/Public Ltd. Company: GST/VAT registration certificate and Registrars of Companies (ROC) certificate or Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- For other entities (e.g. Registered Society, HUF etc.): GST/VAT registration certificate or Registrar of Society (ROS) certificate
- Cancelled cheque copy of the company
Calculate your barcode registration fees
Download updated barcode subscription fee structure applicable from 1st July in PDF
Registration fees consist of:
- One-time fees, payable at the time of registration
- Subscription fees (payable depending on validity period of subscription)
- Security deposit (interest-free refundable security deposit payable at the time of registration)
- Taxes, as applicable
Register simply by filling in the details, uploading the required documents and paying fee.
Modes of payment
To download the Proforma Invoice, Please click here.
For companies registered outside India, please send your query to email@example.com.
Other Important Information
- The registration process usually takes 7-10 working days after submitting the registration form and necessary documents, along with fee payment.
- Only brand owners can apply for barcode numbers.
- In case you are not the brand owner, you need to apply separately for each company/brand.
- You may apply for barcode numbers out of multiple capacity options of 100 / 1,000 / 10,000 or 1,00,000 numbers.
- The number of barcodes applied for cannot be changed later. Make sure you take into consideration the total number of SKUs/product variants you have, and also what you're likely to add in the next few years before you apply.
- If you exhaust barcode numbers allocated to your organisation, you'll need to go for new registration for more barcodes.
- In some instances, additional company documentation may be required prior to allocation of GS1 barcodes.
- Subscription should be renewed well before the expiry date for continued use of barcode numbers.
- View other administrative charges
Disclaimer: GS1 India does not appoint/promote/empanel any facilitator, intermediaries, or agents, etc., for allocation of GS1 barcode numbers and its services. If any member of general public deals with such unauthorized persons or with any people claims to be an agent of GS1 India, will be doing so entirely at their own risk and responsibilities.
Contact GS1 India offices directly for allocation of GS1 barcode numbers.